Catalytic synthesis gas generator for converting natural gas into synthesis gas
Alexander Ivanovich Kirdyashkin, Ph.D., Lead Researcher ( email@example.com ).
A prototype of a synthesis gas generator with a capacity of 50 m3 per hour was manufactured. The synthesis gas generator is made of a porous SHS material with a uniformly distributed catalytically active component, which has a developed network of gas transportation channels. The synthesis gas generator operates without external heat inputs using oxidative conversion of hydrocarbons. The proposed prototype of the generator based on porous permeable materials provides a multiple increase in the chemical conversion of natural gas in comparison with conventional granular catalysts.
Natural gas conversion rate: 90-95%
Capacity: 50 m3/hour
H2/CO ratio in the range: 1.7 - 2.2
Composition of the generated synthesis gas:
• 17 - 19% CO + 33 - 35% H2
• residual hydrocarbons: 1 - 2%
• nitrogen: rest
- no external energy costs
- high compactness
- capacity to volume ratio of the chemical reactor reaches 3-103 hr-1
- synthesis gas module for GTL processes
- generators of protective and reducing atmospheres
- fuel additive generator for NOX emission reduction in environmentally unfriendly power equipment